Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
This month Digital Media MBA will join forces with Columbia Business School to feature student teams from Professor Clifford Schorer's course "NYC: Innovative and Entrepreneurial Solutions to the City’s Complex Challenges." The course brings together MBA students, city officials, and participating corporate partners to address the marketing, technology, and business model needs of a variety of initiatives for improving life in the City.
Professor Schorer and reps from each of the teams will be available to provide more information about their projects. Come by the event and show how local digital media and tech companies can become part of the solution to some of the challenges.
Six teams are working on the following projects:
- Evaluate new technologies and best practices to improve the efficiency of the Taxi Dispatch system at NYC Airports which greet over 70 million passengers per year. (Read a story about this project in WSJ.com)
- Promotional and operational plan for a Film/New Media Incubator that serves emerging media firms/freelancers including those working in interactive entertainment, trans-media, digital advertising, social media and mobile apps.
- Develop ways for municipal agencies to use Social Media more effectively to communicate with city residents with a special focus on emergency response messaging and neighborhood alerts.
- Design a marketing strategy and execution plan to attract hotels and businesses to a “transportation hub” in downtown Jamaica, Queens (near the Airtrain/LIRR station.)
- Promotional, financial and operational strategy for identifying and increasing the number of Minority and Woman-Owned Businesses (M/WBEs) competing for and winning city contracts.
- Improve programming, marketing and promotional efforts to grow the reach of NYC Life (Channel 25) as well as identify technologies that support/extend that growth. (NYC Life is the television arm of NYC Media which is run by the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment.
Check out the many high quality openings we're adding to our jobs board from great companies. Stop by to search the growing list. We are very focused on bringing the best MBA opportunities to our members so we’ll make sure to keep them coming.